Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This earthly plane

I just heard this most beautiful composition by a truly talented musician (and the sister of a dear friend), Elika. I started listening to her CD which I'd recently procured, but got stuck on this song, the very first one, and have been listening to it on repeat for a while now. The potency of the words of God is indeed incredible, for I can think of no other force that can inspire such uplifting music.

Also, personally speaking, I am always inspired being in the presence of people who have had the courage, talent and determination to dedicate their lives to music, dance, or any other art form. Such a decision cannot be an easy one, and it requires true strength of character to be able to do so - and I salute all those who have had the will to take a step down that unknown road.

Anyway, here is the passage from the Gleanings that was set to music by Elika. And let me do my own little bit of marketing by letting you know that you can find out more about her music here. :)

"Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain."

-- Baha'u'llah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikhil! Thanks so much for your kind words about my music and for sharing it with others. The piece you mentioned, 'This Earthly Plane', is one of my favorites as I also love the sound of the harp - it is quite haunting and mesmerizing and truly uplifts the soul.

Nikhil said...

Absolutely - and I really hope more and more people discover your music and find solace, comfort and inspiration through it...