Monday, August 25, 2008

Humility

This was a week of humility.

Of being humble in thought and action
Of accepting my limitations
Of acknowledging the existence of a greater, far more potent reality
Of submission and faith
Of accepting people for who they are
Of not imposing my wants on others
Of realizing that everything in this world is a gift from God
Of understanding that any talent or virtue I have comes from God
Of recognizing that I am not the center of the universe :)
Of realizing that I am but a cog in the wheel of society
Of trying to accept compliments
Of listening patiently to others
Of sacrifice
Of accommodation
Of giving in
Of contentment
Of accepting my finitude, and God's infinitude
Of asking for His guidance
Of being thankful for His grace

This was a week of humility.

1 comment:

Bright Butterfly said...

A quote related to your post and a conversation we recently had...

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
-Confucius